Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Catching up

I missed a few days, but I've been pretty busy.  On Friday, the wife and I saw the boss.  Yes, Mr. Bruce Springsteen himself at Nationals stadium.  This show can be summed up in the sentence I uttered to my wife when he walked off stage...."That was absurd."  He played for 4 hours.  With each song, I was waiting for that one or two songs that he'd phone in.  You know, the songs he's played for 30 plus years over and over again.  The man played his heart out.....on every single song.  His energy at 63 was amazingly unrelenting.  He is an amazing showman.  This is a man that will die on stage.  Later that night, circa 2 in the morning, the wife, some of her coworkers, and I sat on the DC sidewalk eating a extra large pizza.  At the time it was amazing....looking back on it, I'm not totally sure.

Saturday was spent mostly trying to recover from what the Boss had done to us the day before (or earlier that morning, depending on how you look at it).  It wasn't until 2 in the afternoon until we were able to pretend to be human beings.  We went to a friend's house for their birthday, and I left to play a soccer game and rejoined them at the birthday bash.  Yet another late evening.

Sunday was spent trying to get some school work done, and some cleaning around the house.  The wife was at work, so it was nice to have the house to myself.

Monday, I was just lazy.  In fact despite it only having been yesterday, I don't remember much about it, other than watching The Help, and my wife sobbing (due to the movie).

Thankful for:
1. First day of marathon training under my belt
2. The crockpot.  It makes cooking so easy.  Nice to come home and have dinner essentially ready.
3.  In the same vein, having soup to eat today.  It was perfect weather for it.
4.  Feeling more confident in my own teaching and my professional opinion

Looking forward to:
1. Getting my 6 marathon training miles this week
2. Running a marathon in March
3. Hopefully getting a chance to go out to a bar to watch the DC United game.

No comments:

Post a Comment